Saturday, May 12, 2012

Happy Easter 2012

Happy Easter 2012!

He is Risen! 
Easter is a celebration of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, rising from the dead. It is because of his sacrifice that we can stand before the Lord God on judgment day as pure and blameless. It is not that we are such in and of ourselves, but rather that when the Lord asks who will speak for the sinner before him, if we have claimed Jesus as our Savior, he will step in front of us and God will see the sinner no more. Because of Jesus, we get to spend eternity in Heaven. 
"I am the way, the truth and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me." John 14:6


The kids got to start the day with some Easter surprises. Luke got a new backpack and lunchbox to replace his preschool one that barely fits his school stuff, along with some other goodies. Lacey got a few new toys, mostly stuff that I had been saving to give to her when she was older.






Quick family pics and then off to church! 
I have been color-coordinating our family Easter outfits for a few years now. :)


Lacey was wearing the smocked dress my mom made for Annie 26 years ago! It was still in mint condition and we were so excited to get to pass it down!



Sweet bunny bow!

Yummy Easter dinner at my mom's house. Allen's parents joined us, along with Annie and Kyle.


It was a blessed day spent with family. Though life with small kids is always busy, and Sundays especially so, I tried my best to reflect upon the reason we were celebrating the day in the first place. 
He is risen! He is risen, indeed!








0 comments: