Saturday, January 31, 2009

Tea Party Luncheon

As a thank you to the hostesses of my baby shower, I put together a tea party luncheon for us to spend time being girly together before I am too occupied to do such fun little things. I used my china for the first time in 7 1/2 years! The menu included fruit salad, spinach salad with cranberries and candied walnuts, little chicken salad sandwiches and a ham and broccoli quiche. Dessert was a simple sorbet. It took a little work, but I wanted my "thank you" to be more than some little hostess trinket. At 9 months pregnant, I have decided this is the last big hurrah I can handle! I had to rest all afternoon to recuperate, but it was worth it!






This last pic I threw in just to prove that, yes, I do have a belly! It might have taken 9 months to get one, but it 's there and I definitely have all the discomforts of that last month!




Just think -- our next post could possibly be a birth announcement! Actually, I doubt it, it will probably be my latest list of discomfort complaints considering I technically have another 4 weeks. No one tells you before you get pregnant that it actually lasts 10 months....

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

So fun! Wish I was there to be a hostess as well! You look fab- hope you enjoy these last few weeks. -kelli