Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Time for a new post. I didn't know my login info because Al set this up for me, so it has been a few days since my last post.

Allen had gone to Gatlinburg for the weekend and so I spent my time reading a new book, working on my latest project and shopping with Annie and Amber (Jeremy's wife). Amber and I were looking at some things for our new home. They REALLY want us to move into their complex and there are 4 units available that I going to scout out this Saturday with the realtor. It's all I can think about! I am so ready to move out of our current place but I really hate moving. At least if we buy the place I know we won't be leaving it anytime soon.

Allen leaves me again this weekend for a longer time than last weekend. I really hate it, but am blessed to have my sister on campus. We hang out just about every weekend, even when Allen is here, and it has been great to get to spend time with her as an almost adult (sorry, kid, can't actually call you one yet). We are 6 years apart and most of the years where her character really developed were years I was away from home. So it has been fun. Every Monday we watch 24 together. Last night we played UNO while waiting for 24 and I was reminded of her cheating skills learned from Gram. That girl has been cheating since she learned to play Memory at 3 years old! Tonight was a rare occasion where she called to ask about dinner and I actually had planned to cook, so she came over and joined us. (It's the cooking part that's rare, not the calling about dinner; she checks on that often.) Since I will need another pair of eyes this weekend and she has an knack for decorating and detail, I will probably bring her along in the home search. All in all, I have to say that since I have to lose Allen so frequently to travel and studying that I really love having her close by.

Check back for an update this weekend about the home search!

0 comments: