Sunday, November 13, 2011

 2 Months Old!


Baby Lacey is 2 months old! I finally feel like I am really getting my feet under me. The first 6 weeks were tough, balancing a toddler and a newborn on little sleep. Thank God for my mom who conveniently lives next door. Allen has so many evening and weekend events that her help has been quite valuable. 

I love how babies really start to develop their own little look around 2-3 months. It's a good thing we find her so adorable because this girl is a fussy one! She hates to be put down, wants to be held all the time. She has a sit time in the bouncy seat of maybe 2 minutes, with the exception of the 45-ish minute stretch she goes back to sleep in the morning that I use to take a shower and get ready for the day. Lacey does love her swing, though, and will usually take a good 3 hour nap in the swing either morning or afternoon. Don't mistake that statement to indicate she likes to be in the swing at any time; she will sleep in it when she is very tired. She will not idle away awake time in the swing. I have recently started to let her play on her back under her play gym and she actually likes that for sometimes even up to, like, 7 minutes. Car rides are a no go, too. Both she and Luke were not fans of the infant seat. All that to say that the girl is held much of the day. I have gotten very good at doing things with one hand, and rush to get my list of to-dos done during her naps. 

The fussy days are not that terrible, though. The worst is her colicky evenings. Although it seems to be improving now that she is 10 weeks old as I write this, from the day she turned 4 weeks she began to scream every night from about 6 or 7 pm to 11 pm. And I do mean scream. I have massaged her tummy, changed her diaper frequently (she does not at all like a wet or dirty diaper), used gas drops, gripe water, etc. My pediatrician suggested we give her Tylenol, too. He said it was hormone related, that she was born with the hormone level of an adult female since she was connected to me, and the first 3-4 months all babies go through a process of stabilizing to their own hormone levels. Heaven help us if this is any sign of the teenage hormonal years to come! But like I said, at 10 weeks she seems to be improving. Since her napping and other needs are beginning to develop a pattern, I have started a regular bedtime routine with her that seems to have helped with the colic. She gets a bath, which she loves, then jammies, swaddle her up, nurse her, and she goes to sleep. Of course she wakes up 10 minutes later, but her fussy time is not as severe the remainder of the evening and she does seem to be improving every night (though I hold my breath as I write this to see what tonight will bring!).

Miss Lacey is healthy, though, and we praise God for that. She also sleeps SO much better than Luke did at night. Once she goes down at 11 pm, she often sleeps until 5 or 6 am (probably because all that crying wears her out!). The last few nights she has been going down a little earlier and waking about 4 am, but then not again until about 7-7:30 am.



Her 2 month stats:

  • Weighs 11 lbs, 11 oz (75th percentile), is 22.5 inches long (50th percentile), and has head circumference of 38 cm (25th percentile). Both her head and her feet are on the smaller side.
  • Wears size 1 diapers
  • Wears size 0-3 month and 3 month clothes
  • Began to social smile the day she turned 6 weeks
  • Began cooing the day she turned 7 weeks
  • Kicks her legs and flails her arms around quite a bit, can wiggle her arms out of a tight swaddle


Here is our 2 month car seat picture for size updates.

Adorable in her Halloween tutu dress!

Sweet smiles!



Another cute tutu dress! I do love dressing a girl!

Under her play gym.

She looks so much like Luke at this age!


You'd think she was out for good in this one....but, nope. Just one of her 10 minute catnaps. 






Luke has been so sweet and gentle with her. I really am proud of him. He's still a little boy, though, and likes to stop right in front her swing when she sleeps and share his loudest toy on purpose. He gets a time out because he knows not to do this, but I am pretty sure he thinks it's worth it. Oh, the sibling rivalry to come!





0 comments: