Friday, December 08, 2006

Last weekend my sister, Katie, flew in from Texas and my mom drove down so that we could all spend the weekend together. Since Katie couldn't be home for Thanksgiving and will not be able to come home for Christmas, either, this weekend was our holiday time together. We had a blast!

Much of the weekend was spent Christmas shopping. We shopped for each other and for other gifts we needed. We also shopped for our first REAL Christmas tree! It is 8 feet tall, about 2 feet taller than we should have gotten. I had asked Katie to bring me certain kinds of ornaments that she was able to get fairly inexpensive at Hobby Lobby and Garden Ridge, but we don't have those stores out here. We decorated the tree with my new ornaments, all in a red and gold color scheme.

Sunday was another busy day. We went to church in the morning, made Pumpkins pancakes for lunch/brunch, ran a couple of errands and went back to church to hear Allen sing in the holiday choir.

Monday morning Mom drove back home and Allen, Katie and I went to Disneyland with my dad. We had a GREAT time!

Tuesday morning was a sad day as we had to go back to work and I took Katie to the airport on my way. All in all, we had a fabulous weekend together and I look forward to the next one, though have no idea when we will all be together again.

1 comments:

Robert and Kelli said...

So fun! Take a picture of your tree and post it so I can see! We miss you guys!