Tuesday, June 06, 2006

A lot has happened since the last post, so several postings are due.

I (Allen) went to the wedding of one of my coworkers (Kelly Sirko, now Miksa). It was a blast for those in our office who went. Got to see old friends, spend last moments with good friends, and quality time with friends who aren't going away soon. I ended up filming the wedding and enjoyed getting to be "artistic". Oh, and we got to grab Chick-fil-A on the way to the wedding! Yay, for chicken sandwiches, waffle fries, and killer Lemonade!

I spent most of last week at WACAC (the professional organization for admissions folk and high school counselors on the West Coast). I have met some absolutely wonderful people in the field of admissions. Some are first year counselors and some are old veterans. WACAC was a blast for me because I got to see so many friends and make new ones. I got to make two different presentations during the conference. The first was a session for new counselors just wrapping up their first year. I teamed up with Keith Kelly from the University of the Pacific and Jessica Nettinga from Soka University of America. Both are top notch counselors and excellent presenters. Our session was packed and seemed to be enjoyed by all. The second presentation was a repackaged presentation of what I did at the College Board Western Forum in Vegas back in February. This time I teamed up with Pat Coleman from Sierra Nevada. Pat has been in admission for quite a while and has experience at several different schools. She is a great mentor and a wealth of knowledge and experience.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go Allen- we are proud of you! We miss you too! Looking forward to November!

-Kelli and Rob

Anonymous said...

Way to go, Allen! We are so proud of you! Looking forward to November- we miss you and Sarah!

-Kelli and Rob

Anonymous said...

We enjoyed our time with you so much this past week. The Condo is
beautiful! With 6 adults and Caden we had plenty of room! Thanks for having all of us there. It was so fun!!
Love you both and wish you were closer.
Mom & Dad G

Anonymous said...

Didn't know you had a blog until I talked to your mom yesterday. Now i have one more to add to my list to check so i can keep up with all my children (of course my own biological child does not have a blog or at least she has not told me is she does). Congratulations on your presentations! I'm in Philly right now. They announced at church this morning that Won by One will be in the area in the next couple of weeks so of course you two have been on my mind. Hope all is going well. Love you guys!