Saturday, February 11, 2012

5 months old!


Our little one reached 5 months old on February 5th! Her personality is becoming more and more apparent. She was more docile in the womb than Luke so I expected my 2nd child to be a bit more laid back. Not so much so far. She is a lot like Luke was as a baby: loves attention, loves to be held, happy, but can go from 0 to 60 just like that. I see 2 crazy kids running around together in my future....

Lacey's 5 month updates:

  • Weighs 16 lbs, 10 oz (at 5 1/2 months)! 
  • Wears size 2 diapers, some 3-6 month and mostly now 6 month clothes, size 2 shoe (and oh does this girl have shoes and accessories galore!)
  • Can reach for and kick or pick up toys she wants very purposefully
  • Brings everything she can grab to her mouth, and grabs at everything (each morning she attempts to get hold of the red cap on my coffee creamer as I get it out for my coffee)
  • Still has not been sleeping through the night and I have not had the ability to work on the sleep training because our schedules have been so full. However, last night I gave her a dream feed because she happened to wake at 10:15 when I checked on her before I went to bed and she woke up. She then slept until 6:30 this morning! I have done dream feeds in the past without this effect, so it was a pleasant surprise! We'll see if it continues....
  • Daytime naps continue to be brief, only between 20-45 minutes typically, except that she has started to elongate her mid afternoon nap to 1.5-2 hours. So strange that she does not sleep more and yet is perfectly happy and content most of the time with what sleep she does get.
  • Still loves her bath and grabs the washcloth from me each time to suck the water out.
  • Bath time is usually 6:00 pm and bedtime is 6:30-6:45. She wants her paci and needs her blankie snuggled right up by her face to go to sleep. We also have a fan going for white noise.
  • Is a mama's girl and will fuss if she hears me but I am not there (like if I call and am on speaker phone). She does really well with my mom during the day while I work, though. We are so blessed to have Grammie take care of her!
  • When holding her, she will pull her head back slightly and then just study and stare intently at your face for several seconds, almost like making a memory. So precious!
  • Blows raspberries! Hilarious! And talks and talks....
  • Loves to feel of different textures, more than I recall Luke liking textures.
  • And oh yes, this kid LOVES TV, almost more than Luke it seems....sigh.... I can't keep it turned off with a toddler, so she gets a little viewing time now and when she's in the room, too. We'll just blame any issues with her eye strength on family vision genetics and not TV viewing. 
  • Still eating breastmilk exclusively, though I expect we'll have some oatmeal or rice cereal updates to post next month!

On to the pictures....

Her 5 month growth picture in the car seat.

Find the baby! The girl LOVES this play gym!

Picture time!

Hamming it up for the camera.


Sweet sleeping bundle. 
She still prefers to be swaddled and is more of a cuddler than Luke was.

Although she still has hair in the front and on top, the back is getting bald. Luke started to lose all his hair  at about 5 months and was pretty bald all over by 6-7 months. It then came back in super blonde and he remains our little towhead. We'll see if the same happens to this girl.

She is slightly stretched out in this picture, but good grief, do you think she's about outgrown this thing?

Check out these 2 pictures of her in the swing at 5 months vs 5 days old!
 
Tummy time!

Luke is a fantastic big brother. He is very gentle with her for the most part, loves to give her kisses, and will play with her, too. He likes to show her how to play with her play gym and all the other toys he thinks are fun.

To me, Lacey's face in this picture says, "Mom, help me! He's commandeered my toys and I can't do anything about it!" Oh, the sibling rivalry to come!

Happy times with Nanna!

Our sweet girl, drool saturating the entire top part of her shirt.

Mommy and daughter!

LOVE these kiddos. :)

0 comments: