Monday, September 04, 2006

This past weekend Allen and I drove up to P-town to see my mom. She recently had her gallbladder removed and started school (like with students) the following week. She was very tired and her doctor fussed at her for starting back to work prior to her post-op appt. I have been worried and wanted to make sure she was doing alright.

We arrived Friday night and Allen took off early Saturday to go to a Youth Rally in Santa Cruz for the day. He was excited to see our friends Chris and Kim Goldman as well as my old youth minister, Scotty Christensen were also there! Had I know that I probably would have gone, too! Oh, well. I spent the day with my mom running errands. I have been looking to set up our master bath the way I want it and so I found a few things this weekend to start that project. I love having a home of my own!!

My sister Katie's best friend from high school, Sarah, her husband Mark and their 8 month old, Weston were also staying with my mom for the weekend. They live in AZ now but came back for Mark's high school reunion. We had such a great time with Weston! He is such a pleasant, easygoing baby. I would love to have one like him. However, Mom says I am to be cursed with 3 crazy boys like the terrors across the street growing up and a girl like myself in the teenage years. Maybe the Lord will have mercy on me...... ;)

2 comments:

Tammie's Thoughts said...

Allen was an easy child, except for a few temper tantrums.....which disappeared if no one was watching....ask him about them...so maybe you'll be blessed with one like him...and you turned out pretty good, I'd say.....but having kids is like a roll of the dice...you never know what you're going to get until you get them. You and Allen will make good parents I'm sure! Love you both!

Brett, April, Caden, Corban & Eden said...

P-town; that is so gangsta...